Operation of the pneumatic cushioning of a cylinder.
In order to function optimally, the actuators needs a high speed of movement. We must take into account that the more the speed, the more energy it generates and has to absorb at the end of the stroke.
For the machine where it is installed to work correctly, it is necessary to have good damping.
What does a good damping in the cylinders achieve?
– Eliminate machine vibrations
– Eliminate premature breakage of the cylinder or any of its components.
– Reducing noise pollution.
How to reduce the final impact of the cylinder at the end of its stroke?
There are different ways to reduce the impact, such as:
* Elastic final: they absorb the impact of the piston against the body.
* Adjustable pneumatic cushioning: when the cylinder get close to the end of the stroke, a small chamber of compressed air stay inside , creating a braking effect that slows down the speed of the cylinder, reducing the impact considerably. This manual adjustment is made through a screw at the end of the cylinder. From here you can adjust this braking effect, it means that you can control the speed that the piston rod will travel during this last stroke.
Of these two forms of damping, the latter is the most advisable. You get a soft damping adjusted to your needs. You avoid the annoying and systematic noise caused by elastic stops at the end of the stroke. You also reduce possible premature failure and damage to cylinder elements.
These types of cylinders with pneumatic cushioning are used in industry due to the high speed they can reach and at the end of their stroke they slow down to avoid impact. In this way, it is possible to optimize times as the maximum stroke can be used at a high speed.
Magi Pneumatic Cylinders
Our Magi Pneumatic cylinders are equipped with adjustable pneumatic cushioning with its screws to make the adjustment according to the required needs depending on the application in which they are used.
Contact us if you need advice on our pneumatic actuators.0